The history of the formation of the CULS dates back to 1906. At first, one faculty was founded at a technical university in the Czech Republic, where both scientific and research activities were actively developing. The process of forming the future university was stopped because of the beginning of the First World War. But after the war was over, the process of the university’s formation was immediately promoted to a new level.
The Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague in 2006 celebrated its centenary.
Today the Czech University of Life Science in Prague is a modern complex of knowledge. Constantly expanding the areas of its subjects, the university began to pay great attention to the aspects of ecology, to train qualified managers in the field of economy and agriculture industry, as well as to study the activities of international organizations.
Annually, the higher educational institution offers to study one of the chosen specialty on the basis of the three-stage Bologna agreement:
CULS has a balanced and modern approach to education, corresponding to all European norms and traditions. Annually it has more than 18 000 students!
The Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague is an improved complex, which implies not only receiving of qualified knowledge, but also the organization of all conditions for students life, as well as sports and cultural activities. The university has its own park, greenhouses, a library and its own laboratories.