The summer IELTS preparation course in Prague is created together by the International Union of Youth (MSM), the MSM Academy international language school and British Council in Prague. The 4-week intensive course is followed by an IELTS exam. This is a perfect program for students who are looking to receive an IELTS certificate, but who need to have high quality preparation for it first.
All students who want to study in university in English language must pass an IELTS exam in order to confirm their language skills. This is a must have for all foreign students. The IELTS certificate is also required if a student wants to get a visa to UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. It is also used for employment and immigration to the countries where English is a primary language for work and living.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is currently the most objective way to measure English language skills since 1989 and to this day. The IELTS exam was developed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Every year over a million candidates sit this exam in over 140 countries around the world. Every IELTS certificate is valid for 2 years.
The summer course includes intensive English language course with native speakers, preparation course and IELTS exam at the British Council. The courses take place in the MSM Academy language school in the Prague city centre.
The MSM Academy Language School
The MSM Academy is an international language school, which carries out its educational activities in many areas, namely:
- offers a range of foreign language courses in Prague – only with native speakers;
- provides a unique language preparation course for entry into British, Canadian, American and Czech universities;
- provides a unique language preparation course for the Double Degree – Czech Republic + Switzerland course, for Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS), Hotel Institute of Montreux (HIM) and Cesar Ritz Colleges;
- organizes trips to foreign language courses in the world-renowned language centers.
Long and intensive exchange of professional experience with foreign colleagues allows MSM Academy to continuously improve the quality of services provided.
The British Council
The British Council is an international public organization of the British government created in 1934 for education purposes and expansion of the English culture outside of Great Britain. In England the British Council is registered as a charity. Queen Elizabeth II is the patron and the head of Council, Prince of Wales is the vice-patron and Lord Kinnock, ex-leader of the Labour Party, is the official president of the organization.
The British Council operates in 110 countries in the world and has a rich history and credible experience in teaching English. All teachers are native speakers, highly professional and with experience in the education of international students.
The British Council offers students 9 classrooms with modern equipment and facilities. Together this provides students a great experience in studying English language.
01.07 – 30.07
Date of the IELTS exam in July: 28.07
01.08.2018 – 30.08
Date of the IELTS exam August: 25.08
- IELTS preparation course in Prague — 100 academic hours
- IELTS examination at the British Council. The exam and DHL delivery of the certificate is included in the price.
Language: English language skills at Pre-Intermediate (B1, IELTS 4.0) level or above
Throughout the whole period of the course the students are accommodated at the residences Villa MSM ( U Svobodarny), Dejvice, Orlik and Masarykova kolej. All residences have the same standards of living. Students are accommodated 2 people per room, two rooms per apartment. Every apartment has separate bathroom amenities.
All photos are available online at the MSM Gallery – accommodation section.
The International Union of Youth prepared the most exclusive way to spend summer holidays– study along with active sport and eventful vacations!
- Welcome Party
- Orientation program in Prague
- Guided tour in Prague, Prague Castle, the Charles Bridge
- Visiting museums and exhibitions
- Vltava River Boat Tour
- Visiting the famous Prague Zoo
- Pool, beach activities
- The largest aquapark in the Czech Republic
- Night walk around Prague
- Sport events
- Trip to Karlovy Vary
- Trip to Czech Krumlov
- Farewell Party
- University open-house tours – getting to know higher education opportunities in the Czech Republic
After graduation, students receive certificates of successful completion of the course and an IELTS certificate (sent by DHL).
The Fees Include:
- Lessons at MSM academy;
- IELTS examination at the British Council;
- DHL shipment of the certificate from the British Council;
- Accommodation in Prague;
- half-board (breakfast and dinner);
- cultural program;
- Czech SIM-card with credit;
- transport pass for one month (all public transport types);
- meet & greet 24/7 (aeroport, bus or train station in Prague);
- round transfers;
- sports uniform;
- unlimited free access to World Class fitness centres (for the students from 15 years old);
- 24/7 councilor support throughout the stay with MSM.
All participant of the course receive MSM uniform – shorts and a T-shirt from companies Nike and Joma.
On the basis of long-term and successful cooperation with the World Class fitness centers the International Union of Youth has signed an exclusive cooperation agreement, so now all the students who will come to MSM summer program will have a free unlimited access to these exclusive fitness centers. World Class fitness includes: a gym, a swimming pool, a whirlpool, a sauna.