Program has been designed by the International Union of Youth (MSM) in Prague. The course is targeted for students who want to study medical or biomedical sciences degrees in the Czech Republic. The classes are conducted in CTU, CULS, UCT and MSM Academy by high qualified professors of the university.
Studying medicine in Czech or English will allow students to find jobs around the world, including well-paid positions in USA and Germany, establish international relations and use the language in their future life.
Studying Medicine at the Charles University (Univerzita Karlova)
Charles University is the oldest university of the Czech Republic and one of the first universities in Europe. It has been established in 1348 by the King Charles IV. Today this university is an absolute leader in medical education in the Czech Republic. There are 5 medical faculties in the university. Each of them has research facilities. Charles University cooperates with the largest Prague hospitals (FH Motol, VFH, UVH, Thomayerov hospital, Hospital Na Bulovce). The graduates have the possibility to take an internship abroad, participate in the international scientific research programs and apply for international scholarships and grants.
Studying Biomedicine at the Czech Technical University (CTU)
Due to the cooperation between MSM and CVUT, after finishing the course students have an opportunity to apply to the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering to study in Czech or English language.
Starting from 2005, this progressive and comparatively new faculty has combined the work of the medics and researching department. It has a lot of leading braches of study such as nanotechnology in medicine, development of the new biocompatible matters and touch-activated technologies.
The university has the most modern equipment for research and study activities. For example, there is a unique department that simulates the conditions of intensive therapy. The faculty has partnerships with such organizations as Health Technology Assessment in the Czech Republic, EAMBES (The European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering and Science) and Erasmus-Mundus CEMACUBE.
Academic year (15.9– 7.6):
Winter semester 15.9 – 18.12 and Summer semester 15.1 – 7.6
22-26h of language courses per week
(Czech or English language) + professional subjects
Study Plan – Czech Foundation Course:
|Czech language (professional)||800 hours|
Study Plan – English Foundation Course:
|English language (professional)||560 hours|
|English language (development of language skills)||140 hours|
After attending the course, students take exams and get the certificates.
SERVICES THAT WE OFFER :
- Documents assistance: help with filling in a long-term visa application form for the Czech Embassy. We provide a Study Invitation Visa letter and confirmation of accommodation (required by the Embassy).
- Providing with the Comperehensive medical insurance for 1 year (insurance policy is not included in the program price and costs from 560 Euro).
- Transfer upon arrival to Prague from airport, bus or railway stations to accommodation.
- Providing with the Czech local SIM card.
- Providing with the place of accommodation in the Czech Republic:
– University residence – price is about 300 Euro/per student/per month.
- Police registration for international students within the first 3 days upon arrival.
- Orientation program in the Czech Republic:
– Welcome party.
– Sightseeing tour around Prague with the MSM coordinator and providing information about the city.
– Visiting a museum or an exhibition.
– Boat trip along Vltava river.
– Sports activities (paintball, football etc.).
– Trip to Karlovy Vary and Cesky Krumlov.
– Visiting Aqua park.
– Evening musical event.
- Help with nostrification (recognition) of secondary or higher education documents.
- Support with further application to University in the Czech Republic.
– Providing help with filling in the application forms.
– Consultation about programs and entry requirements.
- If necessary, we will help to arrange all medical assistance as soon as possible and translate doctor’s comments from Czech language. Health insurance policy is required.
- During the whole period of study, assistance and consultations are free, including the questions about accommodation, work and visa regulation.