The English foundation + IELTS preparation course in the Czech Republic is created together by the International Union of Youth (MSM), the MSM Academy international language school, British Council in Prague and Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS).
This course is most suitable for students who want to study in English at public and private universities in Czech Republic and around the world.
The course includes intensive English language studies, IELTS preparation and exam at British Council. Also students study Czech language in small groups (no more than 17 students), which will be useful for their daily communication and integration in the Czech Republic. The classes are taught by qualified teachers from CULS and MSM Academy.
All students who want to study in university in English language must pass an IELTS exam in order to confirm their language skills. This is a must have for all foreign students. The IELTS certificate is also required if a student wants to get a visa to UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. It is also used for employment and immigration to the countries where English is a primary language for work and living.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is currently the most objective way to measure English language skills since 1989 and to this day. The IELTS exam was developed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Every year over a million candidates sit this exam in over 140 countries around the world. Every IELTS certificate is valid for 2 years.
Organizers of the Course
Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague
(Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze).
Czech University of Life Sciences is one of the leading state universities in the Czech Republic. It offers high-quality education and rated degrees and certificates to its Czech and international students.
University hosts more than 7000 students. In 2006 it celebrated its centenary.
The level of education and research system in the university is balanced and fulfills all the European requirements. Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague is one of the top universities in Europe. Its positive experience can be transferred further and influence the international process of education.
Besides Czech language students in small groups (about 15 students) study English language which will be an additional advantage when they apply to the university. Courses are taught by the experienced, qualified professors from CZU.
This language course is intended for university entrance to the best schools in the Czech Republic. Those schools might be such as VSE, Anglo-American University, University of New York in Prague, Charles University, Czech Technical University and Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague, some other prestigious educational institutes all over the Czech Republic.
The MSM Academy is an international language school, which carries out its educational activities in many areas, namely:
- offers a range of foreign language courses in Prague – only with native speakers;
- provides a unique language preparation course for entry into British, Canadian, American and Czech universities;
- provides a unique language preparation course for the Double Degree – Czech Republic + Switzerland course, for Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS), Hotel Institute of Montreux (HIM) and Cesar Ritz Colleges;
- organizes trips to foreign language courses in the world-renowned language centers.
Long and intensive exchange of professional experience with foreign colleagues allows MSM Academy to continuously improve the quality of services provided.
The British Council
The British Council is an international public organization of the British government created in 1934 for education purposes and expansion of the English culture outside of Great Britain. In England the British Council is registered as a charity. Queen Elizabeth II is the patron and the head of Council, Prince of Wales is the vice-patron and Lord Kinnock, ex-leader of the Labour Party, is the official president of the organization.
The British Council operates in 110 countries in the world and has a rich history and credible experience in teaching English. All teachers are native speakers, highly professional and with experience in the education of international students.
The British Council offers students 9 classrooms with modern equipment and facilities. Together this provides students a great experience in studying English language.
We recomend to all our student one-year program.
Academic year (15.01– 07.06):
Summer semester 15.1 – 7.6 (21 weeks)
20 hours of language courses per week (English + Czech)
|English language (professional)||380 hours|
|English language (IELTS preparation)||100 hours|
|Czech language (communication skills)||20 hours|
After completing the course the students pass leaving and IELTS exams and receive certificates.
SERVICES THAT WE OFFER :
- Documents assistance: help with filling in a long-term visa application form for the Czech Embassy. We provide a Study Invitation Visa letter and confirmation of accommodation (required by the Embassy).
- Providing full-cover medical insurance for 1 year (insurance policy is not included in the program price and costs 560 Euro).
- Transfer upon arrival to Prague from airport, bus or railway stations to accommodation.
- Provided Czech local SIM card and transport card for Prague for 2 months.
- Providing accommodation in the Czech Republic:
University residence – price is about 300 Euro/per student/per month.
- Police registration for international students within the first 3 days upon arrival.
- Orientation program in the Czech Republic:
– Welcome party
– Sightseeing tour around Prague with the MSM coordinator and providing information about the city
– Visiting a museum or an exhibition
– Boat trip along Vltava river
– Sports activities (paintball, football etc.)
– Trip to Karlovy Vary and Cesky Krumlov
– Visiting Aqua park
– Evening musical event
- Help with nostrification (recognition) of secondary and higher education documents.
- Support with further application to University in the Czech Republic.
– Providing help with filling in the application forms
– Consultation about programs and entry requirements
- If necessary, we will help to arrange all medical assistance as soon as possible and translate doctor’s comments from Czech language. Health insurance policy is required.
- During the whole period of study, assistance and consultations are free, including the questions about accommodation, work and visa regulation.